Wednesday December 12th 2018
1 CE Hour:
- RN, LPN, ARNP, CNA (all states except IA)
- CCM, CDMS & CRC nationwide
- Adjuster: AL, DE, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, MS, MT, NC, NH, OK, OR, UT, TX
- CA Adjuster: WC Post-Designation
- PENDING: Adjuster LA, MD, NM, WA
- Discuss the level of treatment needed, the increased costs associated and how co-morbidities adversely affect recovery and indemnity benefits
- Identify the needs of the aged worker, the obese/overweight worker and the injured worker with significant co-morbidities
- Understand increased recovery times for better return to work planning based on injury, age and adverse factors
- Review case examples to learn to expect the unexpected
Eric Patten, RN, BSN Senior Director of Clinical and Education
Eric Patten is senior direct
or of clinical services at One Call Care Management. He has over 24 years of nursing experience in critical care, emergency care, diabetes education and catastrophic case management. Prior to joining One Call in 2011, Eric served as a catastrophic nurse case manager for 12 years.This position provided him with a rich understanding of the daily challenges workers’ compensation adjusters and nurse case managers’ face and a unique ability to offer them support on complex, highexposure files.
As Senior Director of Clinical Services, Eric oversees teams of RN and PT Clinical Specialists, as well as Clinical Specialists managing hearing aid and dental injury claims. He and his team review large-loss complex files, helping to address issues related to comorbid conditions and identify opportunities for savings and improved care.